WELCOME TO OUR CLASS
Teacher: Nguyen Trung Phong
1.What does this flying car have on both sides of its body?
2. Does it have wheels? 3. Can it fly?
4. Can it run on the ground? 5. Can it move in water?
Watch the video clip and answer questions.
Unit 5 :
Lesson 5: LISTENING
1. traffic congestion (n) /træfik kən`dʒest∫n/
2. collapse (v) / kə`læps /
3. collapsible (a) / kə`læpsəbl /
4. gallon (n) / `gælən / = 4.54 l in the UK ,=3.78 l in the USA
Listen to an interview with Mr Brown, a spectator at a test flight of a flying car. Tick the words or phrases that you hear
__ 1. The test flight is taking place in New York City.
__ 2. Mr Brown is a policeman.
__ 3. He is interested in the test flight because he is considering owning a flying car to deal with the environment problems.
__ 4. What Mr Brown likes about the flying car is that it is not too big and it doesn’t use too much gas.
__ 5. It can be put in a house
__ 6. This flying car cannot take off without a runway.
Activity 2: Listen the interview and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
Listen again and complete the information about the flying . Write one word or number in each gap.
size : a little bit .…………… than a normal car
petrol consumption : ……………. gallon(s)
per hour in the air
per 50 km on the ground
3. speed: ……………. km per hour in the air.
…………… km per hour on the ground
Ask and answer the following questions.
1. Is the test flight taking place in Washington D.C ?
2. What is Mr Brown job?
3. Is he interested in the test flight / Why?
4. Does Mr Brown like the flying car / why?
5. Can this flying car take off without a runway?
6. Can this flying car be put in a house?
7. Can it reach 220 km per hour in the air and 120 km per hour on the ground?
8. Can it use five gallons per hour in the air and one gallon per 50km on the ground ?
9. Do you want to own a flying car like this ?
Why / Why not?
Learn new words by heart.
Summarize the content of conversation from the answers in tasks .
Find out further information about the flying car.
4. Do the tasks in the workbook.
5. Prepare The lesson” Writing”