Unit 13: Film and Cinema.
Lesson 3: Listening
Teacher: Le Nhut Long
Films and Cinema
Lesson C: Listening
-Method: Communicative Approach
-Objectives: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to practice listening skills and summarize the main point of a conversation.
-Educational aim: Students will learn how to organize their work.
-Skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing.
-Teaching aids: textbook, computer, projector, papers, cards, etc.
Remember these activities
go to see a play
go to singing club
take a Chinese class
go on a picnic
chat on the net
go to the cinema
listen to music
* Listen and check the activities you hear
1. Visit grandparents
2. Watch TV
3. Go on a picnic
4. See a play
5. Chat on the net
6. Go to a singing club
7. Take Chinese class
8. Listen to music
9. Go dancing
10. Go to the cinema
*** Answer key: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7.
*** Set the scene
*** Task 1. Listen to the talk between two friends, Lan and Huong. The answer the question “What are they planning to do together?”
*Answer key: They are planning to go to the cinema together to see Titanic.
Task 2. Categorize:
Listen and check the right column: Whose activities are these?
1. On _________, Lan is going to visit her grandparents.
2. On _________, Huong is going on a picnic.
3. On __________, Lan is going to see a play.
4. On __________, Huong works and she is going to a singing club.
5. On __________, Huong is taking Chinese classes.
6. On __________, Lan is busy.
*** Task 3: Listen and fill in the blanks
* Answer key:
1. Thursday 2. Sunday 3. Monday
4. Wednesday 5. Friday 6. Saturday
*** Task 4: Complete the table
Lan visits grandparents.
Huong goes on a picnic.
Lan sees a play
Huong studies Chinese.
Lan is busy on Saturday.
YOU GET 10 MARKS
On what day can they meet?
They can meet on Tuesday
A: What are you planning to do this weekend?
B: I’m going _____________ on Saturday.
A: What about Sunday? Are you free on Sunday?
B: Yes, I’m free the whole Sunday.
A: Let’s ______________.
B: OK. That’s a good idea.
Practice the dialogue
- Write a short paragraph about what Lan and Huong are going to do.
- Prepare the writing lesson.
nguon VI OLET