ENGLISH 11 – UNIT 8
INDEFINITE PERSONAL PRONOUNS:
EVERYONE, SOMEONE, ANYONE, NO ONE
1. These pronouns do not refer to a particular person.
2. These pronouns go with verbs in the singular form.
e.g. a. Does anybody know how to open this casket?
b. Someone has taken my bicycle.
3. ELSE (not OTHER or ANOTHER) goes after these
e.g. a. Everybody else has agreed except for you.
b. It’s not my bag. It must be someone else`s.
ONE and ONES is a pronoun used to refer to a particular
thing or person within a group or range of things, or
people that are possible or available:
- I`ve got a few books on Vietnamese food.
You can borrow one if you like. [one = a book]
- Which one would you like, the blue or the red?
- Please make a copy for everybody in the office
and a few extra ones for the visitors. [ones = copies]
The Pronoun one, ones