NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 613
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 6 Năm học: 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
(Thời gian 90 phút)
I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others. (5 pts)
1. A. three B. thanks C. think D. father
2. A. feat B. great C. seat D. beat
3. A. watching B. matches C. machine D. kitchen
4. A. washed B. played C. learned D. agreed
5. A. casual B. baggy C. flat D. equal
II. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences. (15 pts)
6. Of my teachers, Mr. Brown is________.
A. the stricter B. the strictest C. strict D. stricter
7. I would rather________ to a movie tonight than study grammar.
A. went B. to go C. going D. go
8. She asked me________.
A. where do I live B. where I live C. where I lived D. where I am living
9. She’s used to________ up early.
A. get B. gets C. getting D. to get
10. He has been out of work________ a long time.
A. during B. since C. for D. through
11. She is different________ her mother.
A. from B. of C. to D. at
12. They invited________ to lunch.
A. my wife and I B. my wife and me C. I and my wife D. both she and me
13. Peeling onions always makes me________.
A. cries B. crying C. to cry D. cry
14. It is far too hot today for you________ the garden.
A. to dig B. dug C. for digging D. have dug
15. ________ of them want to go to the theatre.
A. Each B. Every C. All D. Any
16. They arrived early________ order to get good seats.
A. in B. on C. out D. at
17. My father showed me how________ this machine.
A. using B. to use C. use D. used
18. We walked________ half an hour to reach the waterfall.
A. in B. on C. for D. at
19. You like watching sports, ________?
A. do you B. will you C. don’t you D. won’t you
20. He completely________ with what I said
A. admitted B. agreed C. accepted D. argued
III. Use the correct form of the verbs in parentheses. (10 pts)
a. My dog (21. walk)_______ along quietly when Mr Ba’s (22. attack)_______ him.
b. If you (23. listen)_______ to my advice, you (24. not/be)_______ upset now.
c. Why didn’t you listen while I (25. speak)_______ to you?
d. They (26. start)_______ (27. learn)_______ English when they were 10 years old.
e. This place (28. build)_______ a long time ago
f. The teacher told his students (29. not make)_______ such noise in class.
g. I (30. not/ meet)_______ my friends since last Christmas.
IV. Put the words in the correct form. (10 pts)
31. No one has ever know the_______ of his death. TRUE
32. The experiment was_______, so they had to do it again. SUCCEED
33. There was a wave of_______ from Europe to America in the 19th century. MIGRATE
34. Thomas Watson worked as the only_______ to Alexander G. Bell. ASSIST
35. The supporters of the team cheered when the referee blew the_______ whistle. FINALLY
36. Alexander G. Bell was among the greatest_______ of all time. INVENT
37. What is the_______ between the Moon and the Earth? DISTANT
NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 613
38. I have warned him_______ time, but he won’t listen. COUNT
39. Alexander Bell’s invention was_______ successful. COMMERCE
40. This_______ gives young artists an opportunity to display their work. EXHIBIT
V. Fill in the blanks with suitable words. (10 pts)
Three people jumped (41)______ a car on a busy Oxford road after a fire started under the bonnet this morning. They were just able to rescue their possession before the car burst into (42)______ Mr Peter Collins ,25, of Wey Road, Berinsfield (43)______ his Avenger estate car home (44)______ work with two friends when he noticed smoke coming into the car . He stopped, (45)______ was unable to open the bonnet . He poured a bottle of water over the radiator where the smoke was coming from, but could not put out the flames. He then (46)______ to get fire extinguishers from a nearby (47)______, but (48)______ also failed to have any effect. (49)______ he telephoned for a (50)______, but by the time it arrived, the car was totally burnt out.
41. A. into B. on C. out of D. over
42. A. flames B. petrol C. smoke D. sparks
43. A. drove B. has driven C. was driving D. was driven
44. A. to B. from C. at D. in
45. A. but B. because C. although D. so
46. A. wandered B. jumped C. walked D. ran
47. A. hospital B. garage C. library D. swimming pool
48. A. this B. those C. that D. these
49. A. At length B. Finally C. At the end D. Terminally
50. A. police car B. ambulance C. taxi D. fire engine
VI. Read the following passage then answer the questions below. (10 pts)
For centuries, poets, writers and musicians have mentioned the ao dai in poems, novels and songs. The ao dai is the traditional dress of Vietnamese women. It consists of a long tunic that is slit on the sides and worn over loose pants. Traditionally, it was frequently worn by both men and women. The design and material used for men were different from those used for women. Nowadays, women usually wear it, especially on special occasions. However, many Vietnamese women today often prefer to wear modern clothing at work, because it is convenient.
Now fashion designers want to change the traditional ao dai. Some have printed lines poetry on the ao dai, so they look modern and very fashionable. Other designers have taken inspiration from Vietnam's ethnic minorities. They have visited villages and studied traditional designs and symbols such as suns, stars, crosses, and stripes. They have added these patterns to the ao dai, so Vietnamese women can continue to wear the unique dress, which is now both traditional and fashionable.
51. Why do Vietnamese women wear the ao dai?
A. Because it is convenient clothes. B. Because it is modern clothes.
C. Because it is traditional clothes. D. Because it is fashionable clothes.
52. How has designers modernized the ao dai?
A. By mentioning it in poems, novels and songs. B. By wearing it at work.
C. By printing lines of poetry on it. D. By showing it to everyone
53. In the line 9, the phrase word "ethnic minority" means ..............
A. not many people C. friendly people B. many people D. excited people.
54. By tradition, who used to wear the ao dai?
A. Men C. Children B. Women D. Men and women
55. Which of the following sentence is NOT true? A. Some designers have modernized the ao dai
B. Majority of Vietnamese women wear modern clothes at work.
C. The ao dai is the traditional dress. D. The ao dai is modern dress.
VII. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first. (10 pts)
56. I last saw him at 21st birthday party. (since) → I________ my 21st birthday party.
57. Susan regrets not buying that house. (wishes) → Susan________ that house.
58. The bread was too stale to eat. (fresh) → The bread________ to eat.
59. I can’t possibly work in all this noise. (impossible) → It________ work in all this noise.
60. If I don’t leave now, I’ll miss my train. (unless) → I’ll________ leave now.
__________THE END_________ Total:………../70