NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 614
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 6 Năm học: 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
(Thời gian 90 phút)
I. Choose the word in each group that has underlined, italic part pronounced differently. (5 pts)
1. A. energy B. generous C. category D. suggest
2. A. garbage B. standard C. solar D. lunar
3. A. covered B. installed C. described D. decorated
4. A. charity B. chopstick C. children D. Christmas
5. A. bulb B. celebrate C. plumber D. blanket
II. Complete the sentences with the most suitable words. (15 pts)
6. There are_______ saving methods and inventions to use solar energy.
A. energetic B. energize C. energy D. energetics
7. I had to pay much money this month for the international_______.
A. calls B. calling C. to call D. called
8. She is very tired; _______, she has to finish her homework.
A. moreover B. so C. and D. however
9. She forgot_______ off the gas before going out.
A. turn B. turning C. to turn D. turned
10. I suggest_______ money for the poor people in our neighborhood.
A. save B. to save C. saving D. saved
11. Can you tell me the reasons for_______ the Mother’s Day?
A. celebrating B. celebration C. celebrate D. celebrated
12. What activities do you want to_______ in at school and at the club?
A. taking part B. taken part C. take part D. took part
13. I live in Dalat, _______ is one of the most beautiful cities of Vietnam.
A. who B. which C. whom D. whose
14. The people_______ live in Greece speak Greek.
A. which B. whom C. where D. who
15. Tet is a festival_______ occurs in late January or early February.
A. who B. which C. whom D. when
16. This newspaper is_______ every day. It’s a daily newspaper.
A. publishing B. published C. to publish D. publish
17. He is tired_______ he stay up late watching TV.
A. so B. because C. but D. and
18. We are talking about the preservation of_______ resource.
A. natural B. naturally C. nature D. naturalize
19. I will be_______ if she manages to sell that motorbike at a high price.
A. surprise B. surprised C. surprising D. to surprise
20. Unless you understand, I_______ explain it again to you.
A. am B. was C. will D. would.
III. Choose A, B, C, D to complete the paragraph. (10 pts)
These days it is important to open a newspaper (21)______ reading about the damage we are doing to the environment. The earth is being Threatened (22)______ the future looks bad. (23)______ can each of us do?
We cannot clean (24)______ our polluted rivers and seas overnight. Nor can we stop the (25)______ of plan and animals. But we can stop adding to the problem (26)______ scientists look for answers.
It may not be easy to change your lifestyle (27)______ but some steps are easy to take: cut down the amount of driving you do, or use a little plastic as possible. It is also easy to save (28)______, which also (29)______ household bills. We must all make a personal decision to work for the future of our planet if we want to ensure a better world (30)______ our grandchildren.
21. A. with B. without C. and D. but
22. A. and B. however C. so D. moreover
23. A. Where B. When C. Why D. What
24. A. up B. to C. on D. in
25. A. appear B. appearance C. disappear D. disappearance
26. A. when B. during C. while D. within
27. A. complete B. completeness C. completely D. to complete
28. A. water B. energy C. money D. health
NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 614
29. A. adds B. decreases C. reduces D. supplies
30. A. from B. for C. to D. in
IV. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct letter A, B, C, or D. (10 pts)
Solar energy is a long lasting source of energy, and it can be used almost anywhere. To generate solar energy, we only need solar cells and the sun! Solar cells can easily be installed on house roofs, so we do not need any new space. Compared to other renewable sources, they also possess many advantages: wind and water power rely on turbines which are noisy, expensive and which take up large space. Solar cells are totally silent and non-polluting. As they have no moving parts, they require little maintenance and have a long lifetime.
31. What is the passage mainly about?
A. solar energy B. the advantages of solar cells
C. renewable energies D. the disadvantages of solar cells
32. Why don’t we need new space in order to use solar energy?
A. Because solar energy can be used anywhere B. Because solar cells are small
C. Because solar cells can be installed on house roofs
D. Because solar energy is long lasting
33. What does the word “they” in line 4 refer to?
A. solar cells B. advantages C. renewable energies D. turbines
34. What are the disadvantages of other renewable sources?
A. Wind and water power rely on turbines which are noisy, expensive and which take up large space
B. Wind and water power rely on turbines which are noisy, expensive
C. Wind and water power rely on turbines which take up large space
D. They are noisy, expensive and which take up large space
35. What is NOT listed in the passage as an advantage of solar cells?
A. They are non-polluting. B. They are quiet. C. They have a long lifetime. D. They are cheap.
V. Choose one sentence that has the same meaning as the root one. (10 pts)
36. Although I was very tired, I couldn’t sleep.
A. In spite of being very tired, I could sleep. B. In spite being very tired, I couldn’t sleep.
C. In spite of to be very tired, I couldn’t sleep. D. In spite of being very tired, I couldn’t sleep.
37. Let’s decorate the house and make lots of cakes for Tet.
A. I suggest decorating the house and making lots of cakes.
B. I suggest being decorated the house and making lots of cakes.
C. I suggest to decorated the house and making lots of cakes.
D. I suggest should decorate the house and making lots of cakes.
38. Promise to try harder or I won’t help you.
A. If you promise to try harder, I won’t help you.
B. If you don’t promise to try harder, I will help you.
C. If you don’t promise to try harder, I won’t help you.
D. Unless you don’t promise to try harder, I won’t help you.
39. We didn’t go out because of the rain.
A. Because it was raining, we didn’t go out. B. Because it was rain, we didn’t go out.
C. Because it was not raining, we didn’t go out. D. When it was raining, we didn’t go out.
40. The storm destroyed the town completely.
A. The town destroyed completely by the storm.
B. The town was destroyed completely by the storm.
C. The town was destroyed by the storm completely.
D. The town was completely by the storm destroyed
VI. Use the correct word form of the word in brackets. (10 pts)
41. There is no_______ in the countryside. ENTERTAIN
42. She has no parents or close_______. RELATE
43. People in the country are often more_______ than people in the city. FRIEND
46. Increased pollution is another_______ result. PLEASE
45. A lot of people believe that well-paying jobs are_______ in the city. PLENTY
__________THE END_________ Total:………../60