NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 815
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 8 Năm học: 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
(Thời gian 90 phút)
I. Choose the words that has the underline pronounced differently from the others. (5 pts)
1. A. though B. enough C. cough D. rough
2. A. chair B. cheap C. chorus D. child
3. A. missed B. closed C. called D. planned
4. A. fat B. any C. gas D. hat
5. A physics B. basic C. sailor D. subject
II. Choose one word that has a different stress position from the others. (5 pts)
6. A. scissors B. object C. wardrobe D. transmit
7. A. comfortable B. commercial C. generous D. demonstrate
8. A. experiment B. assistant C. sociable D. equipment
9. A. advice B. beauty C. picture D. postcard
10. A. theater B. career C. cinema D. gallery
III. Choose from the four options given (marked A, B, C or D) one best answer. (15 pts)
11. David’s school_______ is very bad this term.
A. report B. period C. day D. semester
12. People go to a_______ to look at the famous works of art.
A. stadium B. gallery C. theater D. fair
13. I’d like to go_______ very much.
A. camp B. to camp C. a camp D. camping
14. Hoa is reading short stories_______ Jack London.
A. of B. from C. by D. with
15. John_______ Susan to go out with him but her parents didn’t let her out.
A. insisted B. suggested C. invited D. helped
16. This book is_______ that I try to read it from beginning to end at one time.
A. so interesting B. so interested C. such interesting D. too interesting
17. “Let it be” is a famous song_______. It is one of the best works by this band.
A. singing by the Beatles B. was sung by the Beatles
C. sung by the Beatles D. sang by the Beatles
18. He_______ the train ticket at home.
A. took B. put C. brought D. left
19. She was_______ of watching television.
A. interested B. tired C. tiring D. pleased
20. My mother_______ me that I should wake up earlier.
A. told to B. said C. was told D. said to
21. Our teacher asked us_______ in class.
A. not to talk B. to not talk C. no talk D. without talking
22. Peter broke his leg when he fell_______ his bike.
A. in B. on C. off D. of
23. You should_______ your lesson before the examination.
A. read B. look C. revise D. study
24. Hung is_______ do the crossword puzzles.
A. intelligent enough to B. intelligent enough C. enough intelligent D. enough intelligent to
25. Her math result is_______ than her English result.
A. bad B. bader C. worse D. well
IV. Supply the correct forms of the word in bold. (10 pts)
26. Why was his lecture so______? bore
27. How many______ are there in a year in Vietnam? celebrate
28. ______ have warned the local people of the disaster. science
29. Colin seems______ for this job. No one can do it better him. suit
30. Winning the______ was the great pride of the school. compete
31. This coffee is too______ to drink. heat
32. I can’t tell the______ between the twins. differ
NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK – PRACTICAL TEST 815
33. A fairy appeared and______ changed Miss Tam’s rags into beautiful clothes. magic
34. He drove______ and he had an accident. care
35. I feel so______ that I’m going to bed. sleep
V. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each gap. (10 pts)
These days most people, especially young girls, like (36)______ slim. Our grandparent’s tastes were different (37)______ ours but nowadays (38)______ seems to enjoy (39)______ fat people. The only thing (40)______ is wrong with this is what a (41)______ said to me the other days: “I don’t mind (42)______ these foods if they will help me (43)______ weight but why do they taste so awful ?” The reason (44)______ this is that the manufacturers have to include a lot of vitamins to satisfy the law, so the only sensible advice I could give my friend was “Eat normal food, but (45)______ less.”
36. A. to looked B. to look C. they look D. look
37. A. from B. of C. as D. with
38. A. anymore B. none C. everyone D. no one
39. A. to look at B. looking C. looking at D. to look
40. A. it B. that C. what D. who
41. A. friend of mine B. my friend C. friend of me D. friend of my
42. A. to eat B. eat C. eating D. the eating
43. A. gain B. put on C. loose D. lose
44. A. of B. why C. for D. that
45. A. eat B. to eat C. eating D. be eating
VI. Choose options marked A, B, C or D to finish the sentences. (10 pts)
It is five o’clock in the evening when Rene Wagner come home from work. She walks into the living room and looks at her three children. They are 14, 13 and 9 years old. They are watching TV. The living room is a mess. There are dirty socks on the floor and cookies on the sofa. Games and toys are everywhere. Rene is angry, “This place is a mess” she tells her children, “I can’t work all day and then do housework all evening. I’m not going to do housework!” Rene doesn’t do housework. She doesn’t clean or wash dishes. She doesn’t wash clothes, either. Every evening she sits on the sofa and watches TV. After two weeks, every plate, fork and glass in the house is dirty. All the children’s clothes are dirty. Every garbage basket is full. The house is a mess. Then, one day Rene comes home from work and gets a big surprise. The kitchen is clean. The children clean the kitchen! The next day, the living room is clean, and the children are washing their clothes. Rene tells the children “OK, I’ll do the housework again. But you have to help me.” Now Rene and her three children do the housework together. Then they all sit on the sofa and watch TV!
46. When Rene came home from work, she found the house________.
A. clean and dirty B. dirty and tidy C. dirty and untidy D. clean but untidy
47. Rene told her children________.
A. to do the housework B. she couldn’t do housework
C. not to do housework D. she wouldn’t do housework
48. Two weeks later, the house was________.
A. very clean B. a mess C. tidy D. rather dirty
49. Some days later, the house was clean again because________.
A. she couldn’t let it that way B. her children did housework.
C. her children didn’t do housework. D. she did housework again.
50. Now Rene does housework again because________.
A. her children help her. B. they can watch TV together.
C. her children wash their clothes. D. her children don’t do it.
VII. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first one. (5 pts)
51. The movie was very bad. I couldn’t see it. - The movie was not…………………
52. “Shut the door but don’t lock it”, he said to us. - He told…………………………………..
53. The garage is going to repair our car next week. - We are going......................................
54. In spite of his intelligence, he doesn’t do well at school. - Although………………………………..
55. You must see the headmaster. - You’ve……………………………………