NEW LOWER SECONDARY CURRICULUM & TEXTBOOK - PRACTICAL TEST 926
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 9 Năm học 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN. TIẾNG ANH
(Thời gian 90 phút)
Question 1. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
1. The vase broke when it (move)_______ to the other room.
2. When I entered his room, I saw him (sleep)_______ in a chair.
3. If only I (have)_______ money with me, I (lend ) you some.
4. Why are you under the table? You (look)_______ for something?
5. David (wash) his hands. He just (repair)_______ the TV set
6. The radio (play)_______ since 7 a.m. I wish someone would turn it off.
7. "Where is Jane?" "Down stairs sir". "She (greet)_______ the guests."
8. How you (get)_______ on at school ?
Question 2. Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only one word in each space.
Population growth is a serious (1)_______ around the world. At the beginning of the 20th (2)_______ ,there were about 1.5 billion (3)_______ in the world. In 1984 the world population (4)_______ 4.8 billion people. By the year 2000, (5)_______ will be about 6.1 billion. This growth in population is not happening (6)_______ For example in Europe the population is not growing at all. (7)_______ in these countries are smaller now. Only about 2.1 (8)_______ are born for every woman.
Question 3. Choose the most suitable word or phrase to complete each sentence.
1. He spent all the money he had won_______ new clothes.
A. on B. for C. with D. from
2. It is getting cold. You'd better not_______ without a coat.
A. go out B. to go out C. going out; D. have gone out
3. Nothing will prevent him_______ succeeding
A. in B. at C. from D. on
4. The teacher with_______ we studied last year no longer teaches in our school.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. that
5. They made me_______ on the floor.
A. lie B. to lie C. lying D. lay
Question 4. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate prepositions.
1. _______ first I found the work very tiring, but_______ a few weeks I got used_______ it.
2. Let’s look these new words_______ in a dictionary.
3. Have you said congratulations_______ Jack?
4. He was_______ prison_______ two years_______ that time he became interested in pigeons.
5. He’s tired_______ all the hard work he’s done to day
Question 5. Correct the grammar mistake in the following sentences
1. I will have Mary to look after the garden.
2. We can speak and eat by our mouths.
3. I don’t know how many pupils are there in my school.
4. I am sitting among you and Lan.
5. I’d rather not to study Maths.
Question 6. Rewrite each sentence, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stays the same.
1. This is the best essay I have ever written. → Never_______________.
2. There was no need for you to have gone to all that trouble. → You_______________.
3. There aren't many people who have read this novel to the end but John is one of them.
→ John is one of_______________.
4. The food in France is famous. → France is_______________.
5. She didn't say a word as she left the room. → She left the room_______________.
6. If the work is finished by lunchtime you can go home. → Get_______________.
7. I will call the police if you don't leave me alone! → Unless_______________.
8. It's a pity I didn't take my doctor's advice. → I wish_______________.