SỞ GD&ĐÀO TẠO ĐĂK LĂK KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ I-NĂM HỌC 2009-2010
TRƯỜNG THPT NGÔ GIA TỰ MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 11 (CHUẨN)
THỜI GIAN LÀM BÀI: 45 phút
MÃ ĐỀ 611
Chữ ký GK
Họ tên:……………………………Lớp 11……MHS…………….
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from those of the other words. (1.25 marks)
1) A. primary B. literacy C. minority D. library
2) A. twenty B. two C. twinkle D. twelve
3) A. hand B. bank C. sand D. band
4) A. change B. hungry C. stronger D. single
5) A. handicapped B. visited C. decided D. wanted
II. Choose the best answer to complete each sentence. (1.5 marks)
6) Many people go to pagodas to……………for good luck.
A. ask B. think C. pray D. celebrate
7) He apologized…………not being able to complete the poem.
A. for B. in C. on D. of
8) My teachers always encourage ……………..hard at school.
A. us to work B. that we work C. to work D. working
9) The police prevented us …………….getting into the park.
A. on B. out of C. off D. from
10) ......................... two hours over lunch, they left the restaurant.
A. Spending B. Spent C. After spend D. Having spent
11) Some scientists say that there are enough resources to …………….8 billion people.
A. raise B. provide C. distribute D. support
III. Read the passage and choose the correct answer for each question.(1.25 marks)
The world’s population increased from 3 billion in 1959 to 6 billion by 1999, a doubling that occurred over 40 years. The Census Bureau’s latest projections show that population growth will continue in the 21st century, although more slowly. The world’s population is projected to grow from 6 billion in 1999 to 9 billion by 2042, an increase of 50 percent that will require 43 years.
The world’s population growth rate rose from about 1.5 percent per year from 1950 to 1951 to a peak of over 2 percent in the early 1960s due to rising age at marriage as well as increasing availability and use of effective birth-control methods. Note that changes in population growth have not always been steady. A dip in the growth rate from 1959- 1960, for instance, was due to the Great leap Forward in China. During that time, both natural disasters and decreased agricultural output in the wake of massive social reorganization caused China’s death rate to rise sharply and its fertility rate to fall by almost half.
12) How many people did the world’s population increase between 1959 and 1999?
A. 3 billion B. 40 million C. 9 billion D. 6 billion
13) Which sentence is True?
A. In 1990, there are about 6 billion people all over the world.
B. Population growth in the 21st century was more than that in the 20th century.
C. The world’s population is dramatically decreasing.
D. Population growth in the 20th century was more than that in the 21st century.
14) The word require in line 4 means………..
A. take B. pass C. spend D. have
15) The population growth rate decreased due to ………….
A. early marriage B. good health care
C. reductions in mortality D. the effective birth-control methods.
16) In 1959-1960, the population growth in China…………..
A. was steady B. increased rapidly C. decreased D. was unchanged
IV. Rewrite the following sentences as suggested. (3 marks)
17) They let me choose a pencil, and I took the red pencil. (Using one or ones)
18) Because Peter didn’t study his lessons carefully, he got bad marks for the Chemistry test.
19) “Thank you very much. You help me a lot,” the boy said to his sister.
→The boy thanked his sister
20) I can’t come to her party because I am very busy.
21) “Could you pass me the book?” she asked me.
22) “If I had a guitar here, I would sing you a song,” he said.
V. Make the complete sentences using the words