Date: UNIT 10: RECYCLING
Week: Lesson 4: Read
Period: (( (
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to know how things are recycled and form the passive.
- pipe, deposit, refill, melt, glassware, tire, waste.
- Passive form in the present simple.
- Word square, R.O.R , Gap filling, Ask and answer drill, True/ False statements,
Teacher’s and students’ activities
*Change these sentences into the passive:
Rub out and remember
Ask and answer drill.
True / False statements
- Holds the class to play “Word square”
- Put the word square chart on the board.
- Tells Ss the topic is about the environment and there are 7 hidden words.
- Divides the class into 4 groups. Asks Ss to write their answers on a piece of paper and hand in when they finish.
- Tells Ss the group with the most right words is the winner.
( compost, glass, paper, bag.
can, reuse, plastic.
- T. introduces some words.
- Ss give the meaning of the words.
- T. explains.
- Ss take note.
- pipe (n): ống nước
- deposit (n): tiền đặt cọc
- refill (v): làm đầy lại
- melt (v): tan chảy
- glassware (n): đồ dùng bằng thuỷ tinh.
- tire (n): vỏ xe hơi
- waste (n): rác thải
-T. reads and Ss repeat.
(Chorally then individually).
-T. checks new words again.
(Passive in present)
- Car tires are recycled to make pipes and floor coverings.
- The compost is made from household and garden waste.
- T. plays the tape.
- Ss listen.
- Listen to the tape.
- T. has Ss look at the questions (P.93)
read the text and find the answers.
- Ss work individually and then work in pairs, ask and answer. Then give the answer on the board.
- T has Ss rewrite the correct answers.
- T. corrects their answers.
- Ss observe and take note.
*Answer the questions
a/ People clean and refill empty milk bottles.
b/ The glass is broken up, melted and made into new glassware.
c/ The Oregon government made a new law that
there must be a deposit on all drink cans. The
deposit is returned when people bring the cans
back for recycling.