- Holds the class to play “Word square”
- Put the word square chart on the board.
- Tells Ss the topic is about the environment and there are 7 hidden words.
- Divides the class into 4 groups. Asks Ss to write their answers on a piece of paper and hand in when they finish.
- Tells Ss the group with the most right words is the winner.
compost, glass, paper, bag.
can, reuse, plastic.
- T. introduces some words.
- Ss give the meaning of the words.
- T. explains.
- Ss take note.
- pipe (n): ống nước
- deposit (n): tiền đặt cọc
- refill (v): làm đầy lại
- melt (v): tan chảy
- glassware (n): đồ dùng bằng thuỷ tinh.
- tire (n): vỏ xe hơi
- waste (n): rác thải
-T. reads and Ss repeat.
(Chorally then individually).
-T. checks new words again.
(Passive in present)
- Car tires are recycled to make pipes and floor coverings.
- The compost is made from household and garden waste.
- T. plays the tape.
- Ss listen.
- Listen to the tape.
- T. has Ss look at the questions (P.93)
read the text and find the answers.
- Ss work individually and then work in pairs, ask and answer. Then give the answer on the board.
- T has Ss rewrite the correct answers.
- T. corrects their answers.
- Ss observe and take note.
*Answer the questions
a/ People clean and refill empty milk bottles.
b/ The glass is broken up, melted and made into new glassware.
c/ The Oregon government made a new law that
there must be a deposit on all drink cans. The
deposit is returned when people bring the cans
back for recycling.
d/ Compost is made from household and garden
e/ If we have a recycling story to share, we can
call or fax the magazine at 5.256.456.
-T. has Ss look at the sentences (p.93), (8’)
read the text again and complete them.
-Ss work individually and then compare
their answers with their partners, then
give the answers.
-T. has Ss rewrite the correct answers.
-Car tires are recycled to make pipes and floor
-Milk bottles are cleaned and refilled (with milk).
-Glass is broken up, melted and made into new
-Drink cans are brought back for recycling
-Household and garden waste is made into
-T. has Ss read the sentences silently,
and then says whether they are True /
a) Nowadays, many people wear shoes and sandals
made from old car tires. T.
b) Compost is not used to make plants grow.
F (…is used…).
c) In industry, most glass is recycled. T
d) Every milk bottle can not be reused.
F(…can be reused).
-Ss do. T. corrects and gives marks.
-Ss observe and take note.
-T. asks Ss to change these sentences
into passive voice.
a) Lan likes pop music.
Pop music is liked by Lan.
b) They play table tennis everyday.
Table tennis is played everyday.
c) We do these exercises in the notebooks.
These exercises are done in the notebooks.
d) He feeds 5 chickens.
5 chickens are fed by him.
e) She buys a lot of food.
A lot of food is bought.
-T. corrects their answers and gives
-Learn new words by heart and grammar.
-Write some things what can be recycled.
-Prepare: UNIT 10 (Cont.) Lesson 5: Write.
+ Find out new words.
+ Complete the recycling instructions and make
the instructions on how to prepare the tea leaves
-T. writes on the board and explains.
-Ss listen and take note.
-Helps them how to prepare a good
lesson at home.